Thursday, October 7, 2010

A Brave, New World.... You'll Never See?

Hey folks, it's been way too long since I've posted on this blog- seeing as I have a school blog to keep up, because it is graded- and I am ready to do some unsolicited blogging!
I decided today, that I wanted to talk about how people always tell me that they want to travel, and get out of Utah. Then why don't you? What is really holding you back? If you are still in high school, that could be the answer. What about the people that have long since graduated, finished college, and are working at Texas Roadhouse? All you are doing is whining(and giving me a headache) I digress. You have nothing holding you back, get out there and see the world. I know I am going to. I think the main antagonist of our desire is procrastination/laziness. You always want to, but you find excuses to blow it off, or you plan it all out, and procrastinate actually going. What are you thinking? Stop that, you are being a dream killer! Give me back my radio! I want you to get off your lazy butts and go outside and live.

Don't think of this post as having a negative connotation, but I really want you all to get out there and see the world, I hear it's amazing Break out of your lazy habits of saying that your going to, putting it on the back burner, never act upon the thought, and repeat the cycle. I wish the best of luck to all of you future travelers, get out there and make me proud!

2 comments:

  1. Dakota, you're totally right. The world is out there for us to see, explore, and love. Get out of the Salt Lake Valley and revel in the beauties of nature, people! There are even lots of places inside Utah to go see (mountains, all of southern Utah - national parks, all sorts of things).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marshallman is right, even inside Utah there are a ton of awesome sights. And some cool hot springs (lol, is it cool or hot?) to visit for a fun weekend trip.
    I hope that this summer I travel a lot. I know I'll be going to Florida to visit my Dad. And I'll go to Idaho a few times, I'm sure. But my plans for 2012 are bigger and better - I'm gonna go to Japan, snitches!

    ReplyDelete