Monday, January 11, 2010

English, Waving, and The Blindside!

Alright, there is my blog, it has been awhile, and I am glad to be back.

I was sitting in english today, and I absolutely hate my table! (sorry to be all angry and mean, but I really do hate it.) This girl that I will leave unmentioned was going on one of her usual mindless rants about nothing, when she came across a subject that is dear to my heart, Kid Cudi. She was telling her friend how much she loves the song 'Up, Up, and Away' which happens to be my favorite song on the album. To start off, I was glad that she liked the song, and Cudi was getting more popular amoung the "Popular" crowds, but then she said, "I love the song because it is about how good weed is for you" and I thought to myself, "You are the biggest idiot" First off, the song is about weed, but it isn't about how it is good for you, it is about how he uses weed to forget about life, and all the 'Hatas' that keep trying to bring him down. Then out of no where they started their discussion on how much they smoke weed, and I don't judge with that subject, but when the next thing you say shouldn't be "Wanna go to EFY next year?" Weed, and a spiritual gathering, very classy! Enough of hating on my english class though.

Another thing that I realized while getting the mail was that people feel obligated to give a complimentary wave when you see an acquaintance that you usually don't talk to.

e.g. I was getting the mail one day, and I saw my Young Men's leader's wife driving up the street, I don't usually talk to her, but I decided to give a wave out of good hospitality, and no joke, she was talking on the phone at the time, take her hand off of the steering wheel, and wave, almost missing the corner and running into my basketball hoop! I thought it was humorous.

My final topic is the movie 'The Blindside'. I personally have not seen it, but honestly, it looks like a piece of carp. I understand that it was based on a true story, and that the kid became successful, but when you take that story, and commercialize it, then the true meaning of the story is ruined, and that is what I think this movie is, a carpy movie that does no justice to the Character. Also I am not a fan of Sandra Bullock. I will use the example 'We Are Marshell'. The Whole team died in a plane crash, and by the end of the movie I didn't care, I was more interested in matthew mcconaughey, and his character becoming a good couch, this is my opinion, and you are intitled to yours. Please, no hateful feedback (pat/whoever reads this, which is probably just pat)

1 comment:

  1. I just noticed your music videos sidebar on the blog, it's a nice touch. Anyway, I agree with you that the movie blindside looks lame. I'm not sure what you mean by "commercialize it, then the true meaning of the story is ruined", though. Last time I saw a Sandra Bullock movie (it was The Proposal, I'll admit I saw it) I regretted it. Aaaanyway, always glad to see a new post.

    ReplyDelete